Wednesday, May 20, 2009

"Anyuka" purse



I made this purse for my mom (Anyuka)....

It ended up looking much better than I even expected.... I forgot the name of the yarn I used, it was something that just wanted me to knit it into a purse of some kind. Knitting the body was the esiest part, I just played a bit with cables and the pattern showed itself.


Sewing the inside for it was much harder, especially since I wanted to add a pocket, and it needed to be stiff enough. The first cloth I used didn't work... it was too thin, didn't hold a shape...


My brother was here visiting at the time (he is an artist) and we had bought canvas for him to paint a picture.


I found that the leftover canvas worked best, it made the purse stiff enough... Tibike got the links in also, since I just simply don't have strong enough hands to do that. The beads were an afterthought, we basically looked at what I had that could work with it, and placed them according to my brother's suggestions.


We finished it around midnight on the last day of his visit.


The next day he was on a plane going back to the old country...


Of course my mom loves the purse (I hope)... it was basically a team effort of two of her kids - what mom wouldn't? I know I would....








No comments:

Post a Comment