Monday, September 7, 2009

more good news....

Knitcircus has accepted one of my sweater designs for publication.
"Cables and Stripes" (ok, not very original, I admit, but I couldn't come up with anything more sophisticated before their deadline) will be published in their fall issue, coming out in November. I think this makes me an official, "real" knitwear designer???.... It was the first pattern I ever tried to write down; after a few tries I did it.... but then I had to do more math, to figure it out for at least two more sizes..... that part is definitely not as much fun as knitting and making it all up..... but it still made me feel good to realize that I could actually do the math!!! I didn't loose all my brainpower (yet)....
I need to get working more now.... I have lots of projects waiting for my time; but kids come first!..... so at the moment all this is still just hobby/part-time fun. As the kids get older though, I'll get to it a bit more often; and yes, I will update this blog a bit more often, too..... I hope...

1 comment:

  1. Keep up the designing and blogging. I'm listening! And looking forward to your next creation.

    ReplyDelete